Monday, June 2, 2008

Lechonera!

Okay, I know. My "picture-a-day" mission has failed. But I can try to explain.

I've been in Puerto Rico for a week, and due to a slight failure in communication with our vacation-rental landlord, I found out too late that "free internet" didn't mean "free wi-fi." See, I had intended all along to post a few pictures every day from our vacation (it was our 2-year anniversary last week, by the way!) and I took my laptop along and everything. But, as it turns out, there was no wireless interweb-ness, and so I was stuck with just an extra 6.35-pound brick in my carry-on. So back in Cali I'm left to catch up and present something of the magic that was....our week-long vacation in PR.

So tonight, while I don't have much time, let me just say this: a while back, the wifie and I were viewing one of our favorite Travel Channel shows featuring scrumptious and exotic foods from around the world being lovingly, hungrily searched out and summarily consumed, and we watched food-man extraordinaire Anthony Bourdain wolf down chunks of succulent roast pig-on-a-spit in Puerto Rico. We turned to each other and said: "we must go there." And so it was that we found ourselves, 2 years after our wedding day, at Lechonera Los Pinos up above the town of Cayey, watching a large man hack apart our lunchtime feast with a very intimidating knife-sword. And it was everything we hoped it would be.




Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that this post warrants my first ever comment on hubby's blog. It was truly all we hoped it would be from the first scent wafting through our car as we approached to the last lick of our fingers.

    ReplyDelete